Monday, July 20, 2009

Passed the GPEN!

Just wanted to share that I passed the GPEN exam! Got a 90%. It was one of those exams that showed you your progress. This was a blessing and curse. It was nice to know I passed after getting 105 questions correct, but since I knew I passed at that time, it was easy to slack off toward the end and I missed a number of questions because of it.

I put in my application for my GPEN gold. The paper title is: "Identifying Load Balancers in Penetration Testing". The application was approved. I will begin work on the paper starting around the 10th of next month. It is a 6 month process so more to come on that. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

In the mean time, still being on track with my certification goals, I began studying for the CISSP yesterday. I hope to have it done before the years end. (If anyone else is studying for this one as well and would like to get together online or in person to study, let me know) That was the goal I set forth. Then in the beginning of next year I will be finishing my GPEN gold paper and starting to get ready for the GSEC towards my GSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment