Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mentioned on another blog

Some of you may know, but then some of you may not. Yesterday I was mentioned on the CommandLine kung fu blog. Now it was no big deal, like new spolit found or new rockin code, but it's nice to be mentioned and associated with individuals such as Ed Skoudis and the other folks that maintain the blog. I submitted a question/suggestion for them to discuss command output redirection. They did an excellent job in covering the material and I hope a lot of people learned as much from it as I did! Thanks guys!

I did not get to testing the new l0phtcrack this weekend. I ended up playing with my Mac the whole time :) I'm just about completey over to it now. I'm giving Entourage a try over Outlook. So far it's not that bad. The only issue I have remaining is that the SANS @home sessions will not play on my Mac. I have a ticket open with them to try to fix this. It's not a show stopper though as I have VMWare fusion installed and running Windows 7 which runs the sessions fine. So long story short, I hope to get to testing soon. I'm tied up at work all weekend this weekend but maybe during my downtime I can see what I can do. I'm also trying to go through the SANS 560 and 561 class materials one last time before taking the GPEN test. My hope is to take it in the middle of next month so I can get started on my CISSP.

More later, hopefully a full review of l0pht vs. some of the other free password crackers out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment